Ammonite

Ammonite

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Homeless Man at Home

I was on a walk this morning, and I passed a homeless guy who had set up what can only be described as a living room on the sidewalk. He used a bench that was already there and he had a utility cart (the metal kind you see in auto garages) facing it with a portable DVD player and an array of filthy stuffed animals that he no doubt picked up off the side of the highway arranged neatly around it. He was (of all things) folding laundry that hardly looked clean, and arranging it in a a backpack that had clearly seen better days. I felt like I was staring in his living room window, even though it was clearly a public place and there were cars whizzing by. It was strange how "at home" he acted. It was so bizarre!
Anyway, I have never seen anything like that before, and just thought it was worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment