Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On the Road to Oroville

I was asked by my work to drop something off in Oroville last evening for a project we are working on. It's about four hours away, and I drove there and back last night. It was a long ride, and strangely foggy almost the whole way there. That wouldn't have been so bad if a.) I had any idea where I was going, and b.) my right headlight wasn't shining up at the sky. Driving with only one headlight on the road isn't the most pleasant thing, and in the fog it made my car look kind of cross-eyed which got annoying after 5 or so hours. But I guess the upshot is that if by chance a UFO were to try to sneak up on me, or a plane were to fly a little too low, I would probably see it immediately with my wandering headlight.
Since it was dark almost the whole way there and back (I was in Oroville for a total of seven minutes) I really didn't get to see much beyond the edges of the road. But I have a good imagination, and so I imagine it was a pretty country drive. I also got bored, so I took a few photos of my unexpected road trip that I am posting below. Enjoy!


Just me and the road. Highway 70 Northbound


Exit from I-5 Southbound to I-80 West.

Right headlight searching sky for extraterrestrial life.

Passing a semi truck on I-80.

2 comments:

  1. .....and who was taking the photos for you while you were studiously driving the car Jamie? Aren't there laws about such activity while driving? Maybe this falls under the "research in search of extraterrestrial life forms clause" of the California driving law,.... yeah thats it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The law says you can't text and drive....it doesn't say anything about amateur photography while behind the wheel:) Or searching for aliens for that matter:)

    ReplyDelete