Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Strange But True Illnesses...

I have been slacking on my postings over the holiday, but not on my reading! Hopefully I will get caught up this coming week. Anyway over the last month or so I have come across some interesting illnesses in the books I'm reading and I thought I'd share a few of the stranger ones with you:

Micropsia: A condition where a person sees everything much smaller than it actually is, making them feel (or believe) they are becoming larger. Macropsia is the opposite.
Lycanthropy: A mental illness where a person believes that they have been transformed into an animal (usually a wolf, but not always) and behave accordingly.
Prosopagnosia: Also called face blindness is the inability of a person to recognize people by looking at their face, including friends and relatives

No comments:

Post a Comment