Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, February 7, 2011

Green Bay Packers Super Bowl XLV Champions!

Well, we did it! Or they did rather. (But I like to think I helped out, wearing my Packer pride, eating loads of potato skins etc.) The Packers won the Super Bowl! It still hasn't sunk in. I mean cheese and crackers it's so AWESOME!

I'd like to start by saying to all of those cocky Steelers fans I encountered along the way, and rude fans of other teams that didn't win the Super Bowl (OH SNAP!)  "Ha ha you loose!" (That was extremely satisfying:) But moving on. The Packers really made it all the way! The whole thing is all so unreal...like a dream....Yep, like a green and gold dream filled with all my favorite (albeit exhausted and sweaty) football players! Nice work boys!
The two weeks between the Championship game and the Super Bowl however seemed to take FOREVER and were very un-dream like. But then all of the sudden I was sitting on the couch and the last play of the game was happening. And when it was over my exact thoughts were and I quote (from my brain):

"There are no penalty flags right? Right? Please tell me there are no penalty flags. That was 4th down right? No flags? No flags! No flags!! No flags!!!!  HOLY SH*T!?!?! Time? TIME? 49 seconds...Time outs...where the hell are the time outs? Oh, there! We have two left...wait that means...we...Why is Jennings jumping up and down like that? Why are people shouting? What? WHATS HAPPENING? What do you mean we won? We won?  WE WON?!? OH MY GOD....WE WON!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!WE WON! WE WON THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

And there was confetti flying everywhere (well, on the TV anyway) and everyone at our little Packer Party was wearing the same goofy ear to ear grin that Rodgers, Woodson, Driver, Kuhn, Mathsay and all the other Packers had plastered on their faces.
And just like that The Green Bay Packers became the World Champions of football.

No comments:

Post a Comment