Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, May 2, 2011

Coldfoot Alaska: The Aurora Borealis (Part 2)

All of these amazing photos were taken by Naoo Maruyama (with the help of his wife Sumi) and sent to me yesterday from Japan. These are the Aurora we saw on our first viewing night at Coldfoot Camp.The last photo was taken a couple days later in Fairbanks by Naoo at the same time we were watching (presumably) the same thing up in Coldfoot. In fact, I am pretty sure that the last photo is they one I painted from memory (onto the two canvases)! It was my favorite display, and I can't believe I have been so fortunate as to get an actual photo courtesy of my new Japanese friends! Thanks Naoo and Sumi!!!!!



Aurora over Coldfoot Mountain, (photo. N. Maruyama)

Aurora at Coldfoot Camp, AK, (photo. N. Maruyama)

Aurora at Coldfoot Camp, AK, (photo. N. Maruyama)

Aurora at Coldfoot Camp, AK, (photo. N. Maruyama)

Aurora at Coldfoot Camp, AK, (photo. N. Maruyama)

Aurora in Fairbanks, AK, (photo. N. Maruyama)

2 comments:

  1. WOW......it's amazing how such a spectacle can leave you almost speechless and in a state of wonder. I can't imagine how it looked in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Images are very beautiful. I think Alaska is one of the best place to see northern lights. Gondwana ecotours offers Northern lights packages. So plan your trp and see best northern lights show.

    ReplyDelete