Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, May 9, 2011

Old Like New

Ugly old cocktail cart.
 I've been looking for some kind of table to put on my patio for my little grill to sit on. I was using it either on the ground, or on my patio table, but neither was convenient. I also wanted something inexpensive because a.) I figured eventually it would become covered in meat juice (yummm) from the grill, and b.) I'm trying not to spend too much money. Anyway while out and about with my mom I found an ugly cocktail cart for 5 bucks, and with about 8 dollars worth of paint I was able to convert the unsightly piece of furniture into the perfect grill counter for my yard! It matches my outdoor umbrella, folds out so I have plenty of room when I need it, and rolls on wheels so I can pull it out when I am grilling and push it back against the doorwall when I'm not! It's amazing what you can do with a little paint and a bit of imagination. For less than $15 I was able to get exactly what I wanted, and I think it looks way better than anything I could have gotten at Ikea. You never know what you might find at rummage sales, and spring/ summer are the best times to shop them. Ahhhh spring time! It fills my head with all sorts of outdoor ideas! What's next on the list? Clean my grill!

Beautiful new grill table!

1 comment:

  1. A tip: don't worry about cleaning your grill. Just use it dirty.

    ReplyDelete