Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Cause I'm in Hawaii...

So I haven't posted in over a week. Most of you know it's because I've been in Hawaii on vacation. And it was awesome! I'd have written a few blogs except that I was taking a break from "regular life". And as much as I love to post my thoughts on the Internet, I thought maybe it would do me good to take a break from writing as well.
I was surprised at how hard it was not to write. Over the past week I have come to realize that I actually think in writing. What I mean is that when I process thoughts in my head now they sound like...well, like what you are reading right now. I fall asleep recounting my day as though it's a newspaper article. I don't think I've gone a week without writing something since I was 12 years old, so I never noticed it before.
But I did make a list of things/thoughts I wanted to write about once I got home (ha ha...). But instead of bombarding you in one fell swoop with a weeks worth of my brain working, I've decide to post at my leisure all the things I wanted to tell you all about, and I might even post them in the present tense, seeing as how that's the context in which I composed them in my head. So my "Hawaii" posts may well extend through the end of the month, and be intermixed with whatever else I find to write about. Anyway, I just thought I'd warn you. ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment