Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's a Bird...It's a Plane...No Wait! It's Dinner!



I came across an advertisement for a company called Dinner In The Sky. They provide food, drinks and entertainment, for a party of 22 seated at a table suspended 150 feet in the air from a CRANE! (They will set up the crane wherever you like too). Possibly the craziest part is that it isn't enclosed. You are literally strapped into your chair, and there is a tiny foot rest, but if your napkin fell of you lap, or a piece of broccoli were to leap off your plate, it would plummet straight to the ground below. I am not sure what happens when it get's windy, or when it rains, or if a flock of seagulls happens to be passing through, or if you have to pee.
I can't decide if I think it's a really cool idea, or a really stupid one. It's absurd, that's for sure. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I would suggest this for the next Los Gatos Social Club dinner, but I don't think any of us would make it home alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha ha ha ha ha...That's funny because it's so true:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I want to know is who fills up your water glass after you drink it all?? maybe they have waiters attached to nearby cranes and they swoop them in when you need a refill.

    ReplyDelete