Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bear! ... Humans!

When I was in northern California we saw a reasonable amount of wildlife. Hawks, and owl, blue jays, squirrels, deer, a variety of insects, and one freaked out bear. We were actually in the car riding down the road from camp to "town, when it came tearing across the road in a panic, kicking up a huge cloud of dust. Were like "Bear!" and I'm guessing by her pace the bear was thinking "Humans!" and raced for the hills and off into the woods on the other side. We were all so surprised that it was practically gone before I even thought to reach for my phone to snap a photo. I got two. They are kind of blurry and the bear was far away, but I think you can at least tell it was a bear, and not a bunny or a bigfoot. I had no idea they could run that fast. It was pretty amazing to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment