Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dammit Run!

I did another race last weekend! It was the toughest one yet. It was the 5 mile Dammit Run in town.The race went on the trail up the dam, then up again onto St. Josephs Hill. It was really difficult because it's the first race I've tried to run with an elevation gain, and it was REALLY hard!   It's Tuesday and my calves and ankles are still sore! Both the up and down were hard on my legs, and the trail was also really dusty from all the other (faster) runners in front of me. But I managed to finish in 51:30, and I didn't fall down the hill, so over all it was a good experience. That being said, I don't think I'll do this one again.
I have two more races planned for this season, and then I'm done until next spring. It's been a pretty successful running year for me. So much fun!

Me and my cheering committee!

Getting in "the zone".

Ready to get started!

The climb up the dam.

The climb up St. Josephs Hill.

Almost there!

I'm a finisher! I'm a finisher!!!

Snack time.

Super thirsty!

My race number.

No comments:

Post a Comment