Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's Football Season!


Go Pack!
We played our first pre-season game against the Cardinals last Friday! This year I got the $20 online preseason package from NFL Network, and it worked great! The resolution wasn't perfect on the screen, but I think that's a function of my internet connection, either way it was much better than...nothing, which is what we had in the past.
The good news is the opening drive was AWESOME! That 50 yard pass from Rodgers to Jones was great. The dropped ball by Finley- not so great. And the rest of the game was pretty bad. I wasn't stoked about bringing Vince Young in, but after seeing Harrell and Coleman...well, we clearly need to do something. And Young did play better than I expected. Maybe we can use him to run a few of those read-option plays that Kapernick humiliated our defense with last year.
I think our starters look to be in good shape. I'm a little worried about the left tackle position and how they are going to work that out, but everyone else looked OK. I didn't see a real standout running back among the....5 or six we had out there. They were all decent, but not super great. The defense had some big secondary issues (the backups did I mean), but then they made some good plays as well.
Overall I'm not too worried, but at the same time I think we were the only team to finish the game scoreless. So it wasn't the best start to the season. But who cares?! ITS FOOTBALL TIME!

Happy Football season cards I made!

Dusted off my Packers Gear!



No comments:

Post a Comment