Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do the Continental All The Time

Have you ever wondered why Delta Airlines is not call Alpha Airlnes? Well, I will tell you. It's because they are not anywhere near the top of the list in quality air travel. I recently flew cross country. On the way out I flew Continental, and I have to say it is by far the best airline out there. Not only do they still serve food in the main cabin, but they also give you the whole can of soda when the beverage cart comes around, and they offer Direct TV for each passenger for 6.00 (which is incidentally the same price as alcoholic beverages) that can be paid for using a credit card.
Compared to that my flight back on Delta made me feel like I was riding home in a stripped down rental car. The seats were so old they squeaked and groaned when reclined, the service was lackluster and the TV's (gasp) were the old kind that are square and hung from the center of the isle. I personally saw three tall men hit their heads on them.
It's bad enough to be crammed in on a plane for several hours without having to suffer unnecessarily broken tray tables, and avoidable thirst.
I would gladly pay an extra $20 or $30 to fly Continental. You might want to consider it too.

1 comment:

  1. I'll throw down a word for Southwest. They aren't the cheapest or most luxurious airline, but they are consistently good, and have a great rewards program. I think I've gotten two free roundtrips in the past 4 years, which ain't terrible, and a bunch of free drink coupons ;)

    p.s. You should follow my blog! Click on the follow button.

    ReplyDelete