Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, November 1, 2010

D-FENCE!

The new guy in town. NT Howard Green (photo from Packers.com)
This weeks Packers game against the New York Jets was all about the defense. Theirs and ours. While Rodgers and our offense wasn't able to score a touchdown, they didn't turn the ball over or accumulate too many penalties either, so I can't really complain. And NY was held scoreless at home, which hasn't happened to them since 1992 (I think).  It was a win, and more importantly it was a win against a team that many consider to be in the top 5 this season. I can't say it was the most exciting game ever, but the takeaways by Woodson and Williams spiced it up some (even though the former might have been reversed if the Jets hadn't already used up all their challenges). I like our new guy, nose tackle, Howard Green #95, who we got from the Jets on Wednesday. He is a big dude (and needs a bigger shirt!) but had a really good game for only being with the team for three days. Welcome to the Pack Howard!
I don't have much to say this week except that for the first time this season I felt the whole team played a solid game of football. Unlike previous weeks I feel that we won because we actually played better than the other team and not because of lucky breaks, or bad calls on the field. We weren't able to score (other than field goals) but most of the sloppiness that was dragging us down the last few weeks was absent. And that's encouraging. I can't wait until we take on the Cowboys next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment