Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Movember Novstache!

My family supports prostate cancer awareness! You should too!
Apparently November is grow-a-mustache-for-male-cancer-awareness month!  I have never heard of this event before, but I guess it makes sense to follow October which is breast-cancer-awareness month. The primary focus is prostate cancer, and the idea is guys are supposed to grow a mustache "mo" for short for the entire month of "Movember" (I personally like Novstache better) in an effort to spur conversation about men's health issues. I guess they also raise money too. This is a fantastic idea in my opinion, and an awesome/funny way to go about it. I wish the NFL would start supporting this the way they do breast cancer. And then at the end of the month the guys could auction off their mustaches! (Ewwww....gross!) That would be hilarious tho!
But all joking aside, prostate cancer effects lots of men, in fact around 32,000 are diagnosed every year. Research and regular check-ups are two ways to combat this disease, especially for men over 45. So take the time to grow a "stache" or (ladies) talked to your loved ones and donate to research. Each of us can make a difference! Here is the official website if you are interested in donating or learning mo about this great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment