Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Prepare to be Dazzled

I don't get this.
I was at the salon earlier this evening getting my nails done. While I was sitting I browsed through several fashion magazines. I don't normally go for Vogue or Style or whatever they are called because a.) 99.98% of the women presented weigh in total as much as my left leg, b.) because the clothes, for the most part, are ridiculous and only Lady Gaga could get away with them, c.) I can't even afford a lip gloss let alone a pair of swanky boots that they advertise, and d.) because it's easier to find a needle in a haystack than an article worth reading.
Despite that fashion has always interested me. Likewise high fashion has always confused me. I understand a fitted black evening dress, but I am stumped by a dress with hoops and see through material. Anyway as I was perusing magazines at the salon I stumbled upon something that not only confused me but left me dumbfounded as well. I am not easily shocked, but this new "trend" caught me off guard. And to be honest, I am not sure if I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, or just kind of obnoxious. So I thought I'd inform you all about it and see what you think.(BTW this is probably not appropriate for little kids.) Here goes!
Vajazzling
Don't get this either.
What is vajazzling? Why it's having rhinestones glued to your hootenanny (you know, your womanly area, ...eh hem...down there, in front). Yep, that's right! Now you can be the ultimate coordinated person by having your earrings, match your wahoo! You can get butterflies, fireworks, Snoopy, whatever you want. It has to be professionally done because they use some special glue so the gems don't fall off when you wipe. And I am pretty sure you'd need to get waxed before otherwise it would be the literal manifestation of the term  "diamond in the rough". According to the article several Hollywood celebrities have done it, and it's becoming quite popular.
I think it's kind of...gross and excessive. But what do I know? I'm not exactly what anyone would call the height of style. What do you think? Is this cool, weird, or a fad that should be locked in a vault along side of MC Hammer pants?

No comments:

Post a Comment