Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Real Packers Fans

It took me till now to get over the fact that we lost to the Falcons last Sunday. I really thought we played pretty well, and think we could have won if we'd just had the chance to take it to overtime. To loose by a field goal is the worst. It's like...I don't know what it's like, but it's just so disappointing. Anyway for once I thought the offense was amazing, and it was the defense that wasn't quite making the grade. There were so many missed tackles, I thought I was looking at another team! I stopped counting after 22...what the heck?!? It was like the Atlanta offense was covered in oil, and we just couldn't get our hands on them. We have to win these close games if we want to make it to the playoffs, and win our division.
Speaking of our division, what is up with the Eagles? (I know the Eagles aren't in our division but the Bears are and I'll get to them in a second). I am not a Michael Vick fan, and don't really like Philly since they decided to get rid of McNabb. Now I super don't like them. They win when I want them to loose, and then the one game, the one game I am actually cheering for them, they loose...to the freaking Bears! Uggg....so annoying! (Imagine an exasperated *sigh* right here).

All alone on Game Day
Anyway, this past Sunday we went to the same bar we've been going to all season to watch the games. I may have mentioned a couple of times that we are usually the only ones there (which is awesome because we get our own TV and volume!). But I realized that wasn't really true until this past week. See, before I wasn't counting the bartender. We were the only customers, but technically there was us and the bartender, so 3 in total. Well, this week we actually were the only ones there! The bartender never showed up! But instead of leaving we got the remote control from one of the cleaning ladies (the bar is at a hotel) and sat at the bar and had our coffee and breakfast sandwiches (we brought from home) and watched the game all by ourselves anyway! Yes, that's right, just us two die-hard Packer Backers and an empty bar. How many people can say they were the only people in a bar to watch Sunday morning football? Not many I bet, but I can! It is my opinion that when you go to the bar to watch a game, and do, even if you have to do it all alone, without a bartender...well now, that's a true Packers Fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment