Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Free Agency

Since the NFL lockout pushed all the normal pre-season tasks back, the free agency period of the pre-season just started this week. I have't been following too closely except for the Packers, but here is what I know so far.
McNabb is going to the Vikings. This makes me sad because I've always liked McNabb, but now he's going to join the enemy. The good news is Sydney Rice, the Vikes best WR, is going to Seattle.
Speaking of Seattle, Matt Hasselbeck is now going to be a Titan. And I think Reggie Bush of the Saints is going to become a Dolphin.
Packer free agents include Mason Crosby, who I am pretty sure will re-sign with the Pack, Nick Barnett, who I'm not sure about yet, Daryn College who is going to Arizona, James Jones, Brandon Jackson, Korey Hall, John Kuhn, and a few others.
It's sad to see them go (or maybe they will re-sign) but with many I understand why the Packers are passing.
Barnett has been injured, and we won a Super Bowl without him, so while he is a good player, we don't really need him. Daryn College is a hillarious guy, but he had so many false starts and penalties during the beginning of the season it was frustrating. James Jones as I said all last season is the weak link in the receiving core (along with Quarless) he dropped too many balls he shouldn't have in critical moments. I hate to say it but I thought they should have sidelined him last year. I like Brandon Jackson, but I get the feeling he won't be back either. With Ryan Grant back, and Starkes, I just don't see them keeping him on, especially when you consider Rodgers averaged more yards per carry. I definitely think Korey Hall and John Kuhn should be re-signed. They were awesome last season, especially Kuhn, and I can't think of any reason why the Packers would release them. With Grant and Kuhn in the back field....it would be awesome, plus he's a great blocker, and takes good care of Rodgers when the offense is being blitzed.
OK. Well, that's all I know so far. I'll try to keep ya posted tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment