Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Scream You Scream

Green Tea Ice Cream
I bought an ice cream maker. To those of you who know me, it's a really...non-intuitive purchase because I am lactose intolerant, and because my last real serving of ice cream was consumed during the decade when Paula Abdul was still popular. Anyway, I guess you could say I was half talked into it, and half intrigued by the idea of making my own recipes. It's similar to how I feel about cookies. I like to make them, but hardly ever eat them. Anyway, ice cream surprisingly easy to make, just a few ingredients, mostly heavy cream and sugar (what did you expect?!?) and then whatever you want to add. I made green tea ice cream for a dinner party I went to last week, and yesterday I made white chocolate with hazelnuts and caramel. My next experimental flavor is going to  incorporate fresh figs somehow. They are just coming into season here, and I like the idea of using seasonal fruits from the market to flavor my ice cream. I have no idea if it will taste good, but it only costs about 4.00 to make two pints, so I don't have much to loose. If you could invent your own ice cream flavor what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment