Ammonite

Ammonite

Friday, February 22, 2013

A Study in Jellies

I haven't painted in months. Part of the reason is that I paint outside on my patio, and its been winter. And the other half of that is that I just haven't been in the mood. But today was spectacularly sunny and warm, and it just so happened that I didn't have much to do. (OK, well I do have stuff to do, but...) And I suddenly felt inspired to paint!
My muse? Jellyfish, and the idea of making up a new method of painting. I know, it's weird, but that just  my crazy brain works! I don't know why it thinks what it does. I just do my best to go along with it.
Anyway, I gave it a shot. I have to say I am (mostly) pleased by the results...the only disappointment is that the (acrylic) paint looks so much brighter and prettier when it is wet than it does when it dries. I haven't figured out how to keep the colors vibrant, or maybe I'm going about it all wrong and have to think in brighter and lighter colors when I initially paint. At any rate, thanks to Instagram and their awesome filters, I was able to tweak the paintings to look just how they did when they were wet and fresh and...brillant. (Not intellectually brilliant, but in terms of color intensity;)
Anyway, these are the manifestations of my random mind on this very lovely Friday afternoon. I.e. here are the results of certain impulses that just happened to fire in my brain earlier today....Making something physical from only electrical/chemical energy (well, and some paint too). I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Brains are awesome!

Study 1

Study 2

Study 3

2 comments:

  1. They are totally AWESOME! I can't wait to see the actual paintings. What talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Study 1 is my favorite. Would look great in my living room...

    ReplyDelete