Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, September 23, 2013

Harvest Moon

Harvest Moon
The harvest moon was visible this past weekend. It was full Thursday night, but lasted well through the weekend. Not only does it have an awesome and festive autumn name, but it turns out it is super handy for those 3:00 am trips to the loo when out camping. I guess back before headlights and tractors the harvest moon was especially helpful to farmers as they had to quickly harvest their crops before winter.
The moon was bright, beautiful and clear. But out of the fifty or so shots I tried to take only ONE came out even half way decent, but even then is a little blurry! Super bummer. What happened, you ask? There were several things that went wrong. First I left the photos exposed for longer than I needed to, and then there were clouds that kept getting in the way, and then I tried switching out my lens half way through...
It's really tricky having everything set just right for night photos. Especially when you are going between a dark sky of stars and then a bright moon. Oh well, you live and learn I guess!
Anyway, I thought the clouds came out really cool. They were low, and moving fast, and eventually brought the freezing wind and rain that visited us the next day. (You can see them heading over the lake in the last couple photos of my previous post about Gold Lake.)



No comments:

Post a Comment