Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, September 16, 2013

Tahoe Blue

Last weekend I went camping in Tahoe with my brother and some friends. We stayed at Fallen Leaf Campground, and it was pretty nice except for the yellow jackets.
One of the days we were there we decided to go hiking and ended up on the Lighthouse Trail at D.L. Bliss State Park. It was a warm day, and the lighthouse itself was pretty disappointing to look at (it looked more like an outhouse with a window), but the trail itself was really nice, and the views were out of this world! Usually I'm at lake level when I look at it, but the trail was up higher, and the blues and greens really popped out and were so incredible! Now I know what they mean when they say "Keep Tahoe Blue". They are some of the most brilliant, rich, deep blues I've ever seen in nature.
The trail went along the waters edge, and eventually came to a parking lot (at the north point) and there was a trail down to a very nice beach. I hadn't worn my bathing suit, but that didn't stop me. I just went in anyway, with all of my clothes on. Ha! Sometimes you just have to do crazy things! It was totally worth it too. The water was as refreshing as it was clear.
Here are a couple shots I took along the trail. The haze in the background is the smoke from the big Yosemite Rim fire. When the wind was blowing from the south it was pretty thick all over the lake. But even so, it was really beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment