Ammonite

Ammonite

Friday, September 17, 2010

My Secret Garden


I love my patio. It's one of the reasons I chose this apartment. It has enough room for all my plants. It even was spacious enough to allow me to adopt two very large, very beautiful olive trees. My mom works at Restoration Hardware, and she informed me that two of their "displays" were no longer needed. The trees were free, but the planters were $150 each on clearance. After much heaving and pulling I was able to cart my new "babies" home...needless to say without the planters. On over a couple of many trips back from Napa I aquired two wine barrel planters for $20 each. As I type they are snugly situated in their new homes, adorned with white twinkly lights and looking very happy to be living on my patio. Their names are Mr. and Mrs. MacWilliams, and they have adopted little Dennis (my olive tree that was previously my goldfish). It's one one happy family. Whether it be a solitary cup of coffee in the morning and a magazine, or an evening of friends and wine, I have found my own Secret Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment