Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, September 27, 2010

Yummm-O

Figs are delicious! I don't mean the sticky paste that you find in a "Newton", I mean real fresh figs. I'd never had one before, so I leaped at the chance to try one at the outdoor Sunday market this week. I was a little skeptical, because like I said, I don't like Fig Newtons, or dried figs for that matter. But the actual fruit is really lovely. They have a mild taste with a hint of something resembling honey at the center.
Another experimental purchase were squash blossoms, which are supposedly delicious filled with cheese and pan fried like a chiles rellanos. Those are on the menu for tonight, along with tacos while we watch the Packers take on the Bears for Monday Night Football. Happy Game Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment