Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Birthday Quilt

Quilt made out of my favorite old T-shirts
So one of my projects a few weeks back was to attempt to make a quilt out of t-shirts for my little brother. I'd been thinking about it since before last Christmas, and had been saving all my favorite t-shirts for the past ten years, and finally I decided I just needed to get it done. It was an experiment, since neither of us has any quilting experience, and a bit of a challenge as well because no two shirts seemed to stretch or sew the same. I wisely enlisted the help of my mom (who has way more patience than I am and doesn't start swearing when we have to undo something sewn backward or upside down.) And we were able to get the whole thing done in one (long) day!

Manny and Eddie Jr. modeling quilt:)

Quilt in it's new home in Coldfoot AK (Photo by Jason Smith)
Not only that, but it survived the long journey north to Coldfoot Alaska, and arrived in time for my little bro's birthday last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment