Ammonite

Ammonite

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Croswell Stockyards

Some of my best memories of living in the Cros-Lex area of Michigan was going to the stockyards on Monday mornings. On any given day you could find anything from live goats for $25 (Which, you becha, I tried to buy.  But my parents shot me down even after I talked the sellers down from $30! Their reason was something about not being allowed to have hoofed animals in the suburbs of Detroit, or some such nonsense.) to mint condition original Star Wars action figures still in the box (these we were allowed to take home.) This past visit back to Mi, we stopped in to check it out. It looked exactly the same, with many of the vendors in the same spots they were when I was fifteen. And so my first time to the stockyards, in probably 5 or six years, did not disappoint. Here are just a few treasures that would have been mine, had I not to fit them in a suitcase and haul them back to Cali:


ALF!!!!

Giant box of saws.

Oakland Raiders fan gear.

Piggies! ($50 each)

Local tomatoes...yummm!

Very worried cow.

Dog sled.

Gifts for my enemies...

No comments:

Post a Comment