Ammonite

Ammonite

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Before and After

Kitchen floor before.
I have had a busy weekend! Friday I worked on a top secret project (can't tell you until the recipient of the project receives it). And yesterday I finally had it with my super ugly, and very hard to keep clean, white linoleum kitchen floor, so I laid a new one!
I'd been thinking about doing something about the floor since we moved it, but all the options I saw were either too expensive, or required tools I didn't have. I didn't want to spend a lot of money because we are renters, and I'd rather put the $$ in a savings account until I get my own place. But I was searching on line last week and found a vinyl "wood" plank flooring that was 1.50 a sq.ft, easy to install, and only required a utility knife for cutting! So yesterday with the help of my mom we installed it. (Thanks mom!) It took about three hours to lay down, and after the first row (which is really hard to keep straight) the rest of the floor went down pretty quickly. We had a few hiccups, like around the entry frame where there were awkward cuts, but after a couple tries we got it right. Another benefit is that the planks don't stick to the floor, they only stick to each other. So if my landlord wanted his hideous old floor back when we move out I can just lift it out! It cost me $80, and I was a little apprehensive about the investment, but as soon as it was down I knew it was totally worth it. I love it, and our kitchen looks twenty years newer than it did before. Take a look for yourself!
Kitchen floor after!

No comments:

Post a Comment