Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sphincter Says What?

This has been my week for learning  semi-gross, yet strangely fascinating facts about biology. So just today (yes I can be cutting edge once in a while) I read an article about sphincter cloning.
It might be hard to believe, (and to be honest I have a hard time accepting the fact that I totally believe you can  replicate butt holes but still doubt whether or not wearing white after Labor Day is acceptable ) but scientists have successfully cloned a mouse sphincter! And while I am certain going from a mouse to a human is an exponential process (literally) it's a great achievement.
All poop jokes aside, (and I have a ton) it's really an amazing thing. Many people think the worst thing that can happen to you as you get older is to get wrinkles, or get grey hair. But there are much more embarrassing prospects that can occur with aging that can greatly reduce your quality of life. And the fact that there are folks out there looking to improve my prospects when I'm 70 is something that I will not take for granted. It's a modern day miracle.
Read here for the full story!

No comments:

Post a Comment