Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, April 26, 2012

2012 NFL Draft

Me with the Lombardi Trophy:)
Today starts the 2012 NFL draft. Before you think I am an ultra-NFL fan, I have to confess I was at the gym, and just happened to see the first pick on ESPN, so that's why I know. But anyway, it's been pretty cool. And it brought back many fantastic memories of attending the 2010 draft with my littlest bro Jason while in NYC. We were there for the third day, which isn't as exciting as the first day, but it was still SO AWESOME. In retrospect it was mostly because I was with my teeny-tiny brother on a Packer adventure in the Big Apple, but secondarily because we saw, and got our photo's taken with THE Lombardi trophy the Pack actually ended up winning that year! 
*Sigh* Can you imagine having a brother SO COOL that he actually surprises his favorite sister with tickets to THE NFL draft at Radio City Music Hall?!? Some guys just know the way straight to a girls heart;) 
OK, so onto the draft. Andrew Luck went to Indie. I saw that coming, and so did everyone else. Some 20-odd picks later...We are finally on the clock. I am thinking we will go with an OLB but......wait for it... NICK PERRY LB, USC!!!
OK, so....I confess I haven't been watching much of the draft preview, so I have no idea who this guy is, but already I see two things going for us. 1.) We need another LB to help Clay Matthews out. He was double, triple teamed all last season,and it affected his numbers. It even took me a few weeks to realize that he was playing as good as he ever had, he just had too many guys on him to be able to get anything done. We need that other guy to balance things out. 2.) He's from USC. That's where Matthews played, and so I think that the coaching, and the standards of performance should be consistent. USC is a great school for sports and also for science...I know this because my super smart, vegan brother will be graduating from there, with a MS in Austronautics in in just a few weeks! A quick shout out to the USC-SCI departments!
I wish I could express my love of football in words, but I find myself tongue tied. OK. How about this. If adore were exclamation points my love of the Pack would be: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....OK...that's taking too long. But you get my point. Happy Draft Day, and welcome to the Pack Nick Perry;)

No comments:

Post a Comment