Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, April 9, 2012

Voyager

I was asked by my brother to do him a painting of the Voyager spacecraft for his birthday. I wasn't sure if it would turn out because most of my paintings sort of decide for themselves what they want to be, but I gave it a try. Except for a few sizing errors on my part (which I will keep to myself), I actually think it came out pretty well. My intention was that it would be more abstract, so I wouldn't have to worry so much about the details. But as I was painting I decided to try a more artistic background, and a more technically accurate spacecraft for two reasons. The first was that I thought the contrast between the two "styles" would give the painting some depth (i.e. the background almost looks out of focus) and the second was that I wanted it to look like a painting. I didn't want it to be mistaken (from a distance) as a poster or something. Anyway, here it is!

Voyager (Full Paining) by J. Smith

Close up of spacecraft.

2 comments: