Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fall Back

Sunday marked the switch to the "fall back" portion of Daylight Savings Time (is that supposed to be capitalized?).
I like that it is a little brighter when I wake up, and doesn't feel so much like the middle of the night as I shuffle into the kitchen to make my emotionally comforting but technically ineffective pot of decaf coffee.
But I do not like the fact that it seems so much later in the afternoon when I get off of work. It makes me feel that I've somehow been at work twice as long as normal...I mean it's practically nighttime by the time leave!
I don't think it would bother me so much if I didn't have to go to work. But oh well I guess.
It wouldn't be so bad if it was at least cooler and more "fall" like, because then I could feel all warm and Christmassy inside. But noooo. It's been like 80 degrees and sunny. Apparently nature did not get the memo that it's called "fall" back for a reason. If I was meant to be wearing shorts and flip-flops to work it would be called "summer" back. Whatever. Actually it's probably not natures fault. We are the ones causing global warming. And at the rate we are going Santa is going to have to buy a yacht if he wants to continue living at the North Pole.
Speaking of Christmas, only 49 shopping days left! I've been collecting (and creating) Xmas gifts all year, but I made my first holiday Amazon purchase yesterday! Ahhh...I love giving presents! And I have a Christmas CD in my car...He he he...I know it's way too early but I don't care. It makes me happy when I drive to work in the morning. Hopefully the weather gets festive soon, so I can better enjoy the long dark nights that lay ahead! Even if it doesn't, I *guess* I'll survive. After all it's practically Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment