Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On the Road to Tahoe

This weekend my BF and I went up to Lake Tahoe for a quick little overnight "get away". I was hoping for a little fall/snow, you know, to get it the holiday spirit. My expectations were exceeded a thousand fold! The drive up and back was hands down the most beautiful drive I have ever taken in the Sierra! There were gorgeous fall colors, and picture-perfect snow covered Chrismas trees (technically pines and redwoods;). And the weather was spectacular. We got a sample of pretty much everything you can imagine. On the drive up we had sunny skies to start, then cloudy skies, then rain, hail, light snow, heavy snow with HUGE snowflakes, more hail, more rain, fog, more snow. The drive ended with sunny skies and poofy white clouds over Lake Tahoe, and a beautiful blazing orange sunset.You know how they say life is a journey, not a destination? Well, this trip was a perfect example of that. The drive there and back was definitely the best part of the weekend! Here are a few of my best photos! Enjoy! (P.S. These were taken from a moving vehicle, and I was trying to avoid barfing as we careened around the mountains, so I apologize if some of them are a little blurry.)


















No comments:

Post a Comment