Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, July 9, 2012

Pretty As Pie

My very first pie!

As I stated in the last post I did a little baking over the weekend. My mom gave me a bunch of plums before leaving for Michigan, and I was at a loss as to what the heck to do with them before they got rotten. Then I got my new apron in the mail from my brother and I was inspired to bake a pie. I've made pumpkin pie...I think...But I've never tried to make a fruit pie in my life. I usually prefer my fruit fresh, and so am not too into pies unless its Thanksgiving. But I had a 15 plums and a designated baking apron, so...
It came out pretty good. It's a little tart. I should have added more sugar, but served with homemade vanilla ice cream it's actually pretty tasty. It was really easy too. I used a mix to make the pie crust, the filling was just plums, sugar a little flour and some salt I think, and the top crust was flour, sugar and butter. Just an hour in the oven and it was done! Easy peasy!
And I LOVE the way the house smelled when I was baking it. So...homey. It did make me kind of miss Thanksgiving, and long for cool fall days, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment