Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Favre Debate

It's been all over the news (at least in sports) that Brett Favre has been accused of sending "inappropriate" texts to a busty blonde that used to be on the New York Jets staff back in 08 when he played for the team. There is a lot of speculation flying around, but no clear details at all about the case since Favre is being tight lipped about the whole thing.
Not that anyone is asking but here is my opinion (without having any facts). OK, I am not the hugest Favre fan at the moment, but at the same time I kinda like him. I mean, watch any of his games over the past 20 years and he is the only one who looks like he is having actual, real life fun out there 90% of the time. You'll also note that he is a complete cheese-ball and is always joking around and making comments to players.
Now I don't know what exactly was sent, or why, but after 20 years of consistently being a faithful husband, football maniac, and all around goofy guy I just don't see Favre sending lewd pictures of himself (not that anyone is accusing him of that) or soliciting some woman for god only knows what, all of the sudden. (Those are the two worst case scenarios.)
I don't doubt that he sent that girl something, but my gut is telling me that whatever it was it was meant to be funny or a joke, and was totally taken the wrong way. Or maybe this woman is out for money and extortion is the true name of the game.
I also think Favre is doing the right thing by not talking about it. Why should he? If the text said something stupid like "look at my ass" with a picture of himself riding a donkey below it, would he really want to explain why he'd sent it? Nope. And I wouldn't either.
Anyway, I'll be really surprised if this amounts to anything substantial or shocking. I can't say for sure of course, but if someone asked me if I thought it was more likely that a.) Favre left her a voicmail of him farting or b.) he made some comment about her breasts I'd vote for the fart joke.
If you aren't a football fan, but are curious as to what I mean about the kind of guy I think Favre is check out this short video on YouTube. I think it sums him up pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment