Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, October 25, 2010

Packers 28, Vikes 24

Well, once again it was a close one. At least this week we won. I might have murdered a few brain cells though because I think I was holding my breath for most of the second half. We got lucky last night, and while I am totally stoked we won, like McCarthy said, this is not the time to get too excited and over confident. (And by lucky I am referring to the Quarless TD that should have been called back, the weird call on the Shaincoe TD that didn't count, and the fact that Harvin had one foot out of bounds on the Vikes last drive.) But at the same time we did beat the Vikings (even with their recent addition of Randy Moss) and so as a fan, I believe it is my right to celebrate a little:)

Once again the defense was fantastic! It seemed like everyone was getting their chance at pulling off an interception. A.J. Hawk (who has had a great couple weeks now) got a nice pick, Nick Collins with his ridiculously rad interception that I am dying to get a photo of, and Bishop with his huffin-puffin 36 yard run down the field for a TD all did a great job! It's pretty amazing when you realize all the starters that are injured or out for the season. Al Harris may have to battle it out with Tramon Williams for a starting spot because he (Williams) has been making some great plays. Mathews didn't get a sack (some other new guy did though) but he was as relentless as ever. There was one play at the end of the game that he actually pulled his helmet off before running downfield to tackle a guy! I was like holy sh*t that's hard core! (I'm not sure why he did that though. Maybe there was a bee in it?)
And unlike last week I have a hearty round of applause for the offensive line, particularly Clifton and Bulaga. Wow! Don't I feel sheepish after all my complaining last week! Maybe they read my blog and decided to step it up a notch? Rodgers didn't get sacked once! That's amazing compared to the 14 times he was thrown to the ground last year against the Vikes. It was momentous! My hat is off to you two gentlemen!
Lemme see. What else? I loved that Jackson got a TD. Yeah, he fumbled on the first play of the game, but he recovered it, and ended on a high note. Like I have been saying all along, I think he's going to do fine.He just needs time. I don't want to jinx the guy, but I have to say I've been impressed with how well he is holding onto the ball and keeping it secure. That's something that great backs like AP and even our own Ryan Grant have a hard time doing. So keep up the good work Jackson!
Kuhn's effort for that first down was not lost on me. He didn't get much action last night, but I'll tell you what, he got the job done when the Pack needed him most, and that's why he's awesome. Lee, Jones and Jennings had some really great catches as well.
Even McCarthy had a great game with winning his challenges, and that cool play by Flynn to Quarless (who I still don't like) even though it didn't quite work.
The only person that I thought could have played better was Rodgers. He missed some plays, and I'll leave it at that. And I feel bad that Driver's consecutive games with a reception ended last night at 133. It's quite an accomplishment, but I am sure it's still disappointing to him. Either way I'm glad he's a Packer!
Well, that's it for week 7! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment