Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, October 18, 2010

Packers Update: Week 6

I'm getting tired of writing about the Packers (I bet you never thought you'd see me write that!) because each week I just end up repeating myself. Unfortunately all the problems that we had last week followed us into week six, which led to our second overtime defeat of the season. This weeks addition to our woes was our defenses complete lack of a pass rush since Mathews was out with a hamstring injury. I could have made plays with the amount of time Henne (Miami QB) had in the pocket!
It's frightening how critical Mathews is to the success of our defense.
And I hate to say it, but I think we need a new offensive coordinator, because the one we have now obviously can't figure out how to remedy the lack of cohesion the entire offense seems plagued by. Or maybe we need to look for a completely new offensive line. This is the second season that the defense has had to carry the team, and that's just too much to ask, especially with all the early season injuries. A team needs to be good on both sides of the ball to win in this league, and that is just not the case in Green Bay at the moment. Between the weak front line (rookie Beluga is not impressing me at all so far), false starts, dropped balls, and interceptions (Rodgers has already had as many interceptions as he had ALL of last season) it's hard to find a positive point to rally around. How long do we keep guys like Clifton and College around when they cause costly penalties almost every game, and can't keep the defense away from Rodgers long enough for him to make a play?
It's just so darn frustrating! Well, I guess there is nothing to do but keep on cheering and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment