Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, October 11, 2010

Packers Not Quite Right

The only thing more painful than watching the Packers loose to Washington yesterday, was probably the injuries sustained by half the starting team. Besides last weeks  loss of Nick Barnett, Morgan Burnett, Chillar, Shields and Tauscher, literally every other play maker on the team was injured yesterday; Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Clay Mathews, Ryan Pickett, and in the final moments of the game Aaron Rodgers suffered a blow to the head and sustained a concussion. Great. Freaking great. I can't figure it out. How can we have (or did we have) so many great players, and be playing this terrible this far into the season?!? I mean, who is to blame? I don't think it's the defense. The injuries are a problem, but I don't think they are the main cause either. I really think there is something wrong with the offense. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel it in my bones. They are not....working like a team, or there is some dynamic  (maybe it's Rodgers elusive "rhythm") that is absent from the way they play. It's like once in every five plays you see a glimmer of something great, but for the other four attempts the movements and communication between the offense seems disjointed and...jerky. When you watch them, you get the sense that they have never played together as a group. Why is that? Is it because Rodgers isn't leading the offense the way he should? Is it because they are honestly that bad? Is it because the offensive line is still weak despite our first round Draft pick Brian Beluga? And more importantly, how do you fix it? And if so, how long will it take? Can it be fixed by next Sunday, or next month? I mean we are second behind the Bears in our division right now! That shouldn't be the case. The sense of urgency is increasing the further into the season we get. We have had an easy schedule so far, which explains our 3-2 record. But that kind of luck is not going to last. Rodgers might not even play next week, which means Matt Flynn will be at the helm, down a running back, and two starting tight ends. Even though Miami isn't that good, how bad do they have to be to loose to a team that takes a field with no starters? I know there aren't many Packers Fans who read my blog, but if you do, do you get what I mean about there being something "off" with the offensive line?

No comments:

Post a Comment