Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rainy Days and Sundays

Sunday was the first real fall day we had in Los Gatos this year! It was perfect! Rainy, windy, sunny, cool. There were leaves blowing around, and ahhh...it was awesome! I had a chance to snap a few photos around my house in between showers, and the leaves were so beautiful! I used to be more of a green/blue kind of girl, but my color preference has definitely come around to reds and oranges and yellows, and all the shades between.
Anyway after I had my coffee in bed (I was treated by my darling) I went to the market but there weren't many stands set up because of the rain. I walked around for a few minutes, but ended up leaving pretty quick. Not quick enough to sneak by the "Hummus Guy" as I like to call him tho. I went to the grocery store because I found a bunch of fall recipes I wanted to try, then went home. I put NFL Red Zone on the TV (which by the way is totally awesome) and cleaned house and cooked all morning. I opened all the windows and let the sound of the swirling leaves and cool wind blow in. I love the smell of autumn. I did a bit of laundry, I lit all my pumpkin spice candles and I made some chicken and lentil soup and baked cookies! The combination was an olfactory utopia!
The sun peeked out from behind the clouds a few times throughout the day so it wasn't  dreary even though everything was wet. And in the early games most of the football teams that I wanted to win did except for Miami and Buffalo. (I feel bad for the Bills...theya re the only team that hasn't won a game yet).
Let me tell you, if I believed in heaven mine would be filled with clean houses, pretty leaves, football games...and crisp breezy days. Here are a couple photos from my oh-so-perfect day! Once again, Happy FALL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment