Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, October 25, 2010

My Eyeballs

I had an eye doctor appointment this morning. It took longer than I thought because they had an extensive new medical question form to fill out. I don't know why they needed to know the last time I had diarrhea, or what that has to do with my vision, but that question was not alone in the seemingly irrelevant inquiries.
The exam was typical, but there was one cool part. I guess they have a machine that can take a picture of the back of your eye to make sure everything back there is hooked up properly and not detaching or getting tangled up. It cost an extra $38 (which my insurance wouldn't cover) but I decided to do it anyway in hopes that I could snag a copy of the photos (or at least a jpg).
Success was mine! I did have to ask for a copy, but they didn't seem too put out to print them for me. I agree that 40 bucks is a little steep, but besides the fact that owning pictures of my very own eyeballs is AWESOME, they are for medicinal reasons and on nice photo paper to boot. So I could potentially have them framed and hang them in my entryway at home. Like a "Hi! Welcome! I'm watching you." Kind of thing...Hmmm...maybe not. Halloween is next week, maybe I'll just hang them on the front door to scare all the little kids away. Or I could make them into coasters...or holiday cards! There really are so many uses, I am not sure what I'll do. Who knows, if your lucky I might send you a framed limited edition print for Christmas! You'll have to wait and see:)
From a philosophical standpoint, you know how people say you can see a person's soul by looking deeply into their eyes? Well all I can say is hopefully that's a metaphor. Otherwise my soul looks like spaghetti, and that would be embarrassing.
On that note, here are some pretty cool, and pretty high tech photos of the back of my eyeballs (the dark spots are my pupils on the other side of my eye!) Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment