Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, March 5, 2012

Crepes A-la-Moi


I had a wonderful weekend full of reading, exercising, cooking, enjoying the great outdoors, shopping and gardening! Yesterday morning I was inspired to experiment with breakfast and ended up with what I consider to be an instant classic! And it's got me written all over it!
It combines some of my favorite food items from local eats with the Mexican fusion style of food (common in California) that has become my culinary medium of late. And to really make it unique I substituted in a little French flair as both a nod to my Aunt (in France who showed me how to make crepes) and to my French heritage.
I made savory crepes stuffed with eggs, chili-lime chicken breast, and breakfast potatoes from the Los Gatos Cafe (which are, in my opinion the very best breakfast potatoes in the universe (or at least our galaxy)), and a little bit of cheese.
Then I topped it off with avocado, and the infamous La Victoria, "orange" sauce, which can only be found at that local taqueria chain here in the Bay area.
 Not only did it look nice, but it was....well, pretty darn good. I can only take credit for the idea though, since I didn't actually make half of it, but oh sweet deliciousness! I think I might make it my go-to recipe for when I have house guests from now on. It would be a nice little "tour-d'Bay" for my visitors all rolled into breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment