Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

From One Horse to Another


I can't believe I'm saying this but Peyton Manning will no longer be an Indianapolis Colt. His brief free agency had him interviewing in San Fran, Tennessee and Denver, and for whatever reason he signed with the latter, a horse of a different color if you will. I have no idea why, but if I were him (with several vertebrate in my neck fused together) I'd be going with the team with the best O-line.
I am a little disappointed though because I've never really liked the Broncos. I think the John Elway era was OK, but in the last couple of years there has just been so much drama there, it's annoying. Jeff McDaniels/Brandon Marshall/ Kyle Orton/ Tebow etc. And I don't like Brandon Lloyd either (although now he's a Ram).
Anyway, Peyton seemed to like it just fine, and so he'll be the starting QB come fall. I also heard that Denver is looking to trade Tim Tebow now. I can't blame them there. While I'll admit the kid has enthusiasm, I don't think he's a good football player, and I find him obnoxious. But who will want him? I don't think he'll get a start anywhere, except maybe if he goes to Miami. And that's not because I think he is starter material, rather I think they would use him as a PR stunt to get the Florida fans (remember Tebow went to the University of Florida) back on the Dolphins bandwagon. They have been so terrible the last few years it seems like nobody wants to play there. I heard David Gerrard (used to QB for Jacksonville) signed with the Dolphins already, but I think if they got Tebow too, he'd have a shot at starting. Otherwise, I think he's done, or a back up for the rest of his career.
But WOW, can you believe it? Peyton Manning a Denver Bronco? I always thought he would retire a Colt. And I am really curious why he still wants to play, especially when you consider the severity of his injury. He could be paralyzed if he gets hurt again. Why risk it when he has plenty of money and a family to look after? I love football too, but...not that much. I think he should have stayed with the Colts and become their quarterback coach. Now that would have been something! Train up the new QB in the "Peyton-Style" of play, so the offense could stick to their normal scheme (which was pretty successful the past few years). Oh well. Anyway, hopefully he has more success than Favre did.

No comments:

Post a Comment