Ammonite

Ammonite

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Autumn Equinox

I haven't posted any blogs during my vacation because I have been way too busy enjoying it. But on the eve of my return trip home I find myself snuggled up in a booth at Panera, in the middle of a torrential downpour and fantastic South Florida thunder storm, with nothing better to do with myself than write.
It's funny to me that fall for me, the real "official" one, is starting out in such a dramatic and unexpected way, but I'm loving it! The storm is awesome, and just the kind of...intensity that reflects the energy bubbling up inside of me at the thought of Autumn. It's wonderful. 
There are other places in the U.S. that might have better weather, or sandier beaches, or more sunshine, but I have never in my life been anywhere that rivals the magnificent storms that frequent the South Florida coast. I'm glad I get to enjoy one before I leave.
Up until last night we hadn't had much bad weather here, but around 5:00 pm smoldering grey clouds appeared on the horizon, and within an hour it was raining so hard I could barely see five feet in front of me. It's been storming on and off ever since, and I love it! 
Sure I'm missing out on a last day at the beach or pool, but I don't mind. I got my tan, and I swam in the ocean (twice), I saw a jelly fish, collected a few shells, and built a sand castle, so all the boxes have been checked and I'm content to sit inside and watch the rain.
In the end, I really can't think of a better way to spend my last day of vacation, and my last day in Florida. It's both a beautiful ending, and a wonderful beginning all wrapped into one furious storm.
It's glorious! Happy Autumn Equinox everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment