Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mackinaw City, MI

We took the ferry to Mackinac Island, but we stayed across on the mainland in Mackinaw City. If you have noticed the two different spellings you are not alone. A local on the island told us that the first is the Native American spelling (although I'm not sure how that works exactly) and the other is the French spelling of the same name. We stayed at a little hotel on the water! Since I brought my camera and tripod I spent about an hour freezing my butt off outside trying to get a couple nighttime shots of the bridge and the island. They didn't come out great, and I think it was because there was too much artificial light. It's a bummer though because I really was tired and freezing waiting for them to take. Oh well. For what it's worth here they are.

Mackinac Bridge at night

Bridge and the Big Dipper!

Star trails over Mackinac Island

Star Trails over Mackinac Island and Bridge

Dawn over Lake Huron

Sunrise over Lake Huron

Mackinac Bridge at dawn

Where we had dinner;)

No comments:

Post a Comment