Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Color ME Rad


So I did my first 5k this weekend! I was really excited, and a little nervous. Not that it was so far, but...I don't know. I usually don't run with other people, and I kept thinking what if I fall behind. I got up about 20 times the night before to drink water, convinced I would be dehydrated or get a cramp or something.
BUT it turns out all my worrying was for nothing (as it most often is). First of all a 5k is only 3 miles...well, 3.1 miles actually. I run more than twice that almost every day. Second, it was more of a fun family event than a serious race, so while I wasn't one of the first runners to cross the finish line, I was definitely not the last either. It took me about 30 minutes. And I was more than able to keep up with the two guys I was running with.
The best part was getting covered from head to toe in bright beautiful colors along the way. There was yellow, green, pink, blue, purple...and at the finish line there was a little bit of everything all mixed together. I'll try to post more photo's later, but here are a couple from my phone.

Pre-Race and Sparkling Clean
Self Portrait While Running
At the Finish Line (with colors in my eyes)!

No comments:

Post a Comment