Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Grapefruit Juice for Free!


I had the opportunity this weekend to take as many grapefruits as I wanted from a tree that was practically FULL of them. I don't have any fruit trees of my own, and so I was really excited about it. Plus I happen to love grapefruit. So, I collected 7 or so bags of the delicious juicy fruit! Ha ha...I am serious! They were all over my kitchen and back patio...everywhere! I went through about 150 grapefruits, and ended up with around 5 gallons of juice. I have grapefruit juice on every shelf in my refrigerator, some in my freezer, and I gave some away. My kitchen floor and the counter were sticky for two days, and still my house smells like a Jamba Juice! It was awesome! I decided to juice them because there were way too many just to keep, and some were bruised from falling out of the tree. That took a bit of time, and like I said was a little messy, but it was worth it. And I really enjoyed picking some the fruit off the tree, (especially since the owners of the tree just throw them away). It was so enjoyable...well, except for the thorns. It's just so amazing to me that a tree can make something so tasty you know? What an amazing world we live in! 






No comments:

Post a Comment