Ammonite

Ammonite

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pre-Season Week Four

I just realized I forgot to write about the last pre-season game!
As expected the starters hardly played. Even so B.J Raji managed to get hurt. Not good. Luckily I don't think it's too severe, but you never know. These kinds of injuries can resurface again and again throughout the season and be a real pain in the butt.
What about Graham Harrell?!? I couldn't believe how good he was. It was like night and day from his other performances. It was hard to believe he was even the same guy. Which leads me to two theories I have, both involving aliens. Either a.) He really is an awesome QB but was abducted by aliens for the first three weeks of the season, replaced with a less than savvy "clone", and was only returned to us for game four, or b.) He's a crappy QB, was only abducted last week, and replaced with a super awesome alien clone for week four. I still can't decide which I think it the correct answer. Either way he was awesome. Very Rodgers/ Matt Flynn in his passes and rhythm. I was really impressed. Maybe he did so well because his job was on the line?
There were 4 receivers fighting for one spot, and while I thought they all did great, I am glad the Packers chose Boykin (#11)....Didn't I tell you they would? I knew it! Like I said, the other guys did a really good job, but I think McCarthy made the right choice.
Also McMillian, with his punt block has been impressive all pre-season. I have a good feeling about him, and I look forward to seeing what he's got.
Sam Shields got a nice interception. He hasn't been doing much, but it's good to see him in action. He was great our Super Bowl year.
To be honest, I can't really remember if there were any more highlights I wanted to mention...I guess not.
But before I go, I do have to comment on all the pre-season facial hair I saw on the guys Thursday. Rodgers rocking the handlebar, Bulaga, Lang...all different 'stache styles...Love it. I look forward to it every year!
Also, I saw a video of the "Annual Packers Luncheon" and a bunch of the guys went cowboy style. Again, I love it. Rodgers looked really sharp in his all black outfit. He makes for a very good looking cowboy it turns out. And I loved John Kuhns old style bankers hat. LOL. I love that my Packers like to dress up as much as I do;) All photo's borrowed from Packers.com.

Brian Bulaga Big man, tiny hat.

Detrich-Smith (no relation)

Kuuuuhn!

ARod

Jeff Saturday

I do not get this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment