Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

M. Twain Does it Again!

As an addition to an earlier post on Mark Twain's short stories I thought I would add these to my list of must reads. I am even going to include a brief synopsis to entice you to check them out;

The Invalid's Story: Man mistakes carton of guns and wheel of Limburger cheese for dead friend in coffin while on a stuffy train ride to funeral. (One of my top 2 Favorites!!!!)

Mrs. McWilliamses and the Lightening: Mrs. McWilliams fears for her husbands life (as he is asleep in bed) during a lightning storm and directs him (from the closet) about what he must to save himself from being struck....

The McWilliamses and the Burglar Alarm: The McWilliamses get an alarm, but it doesn't work properly, and it ends up attracting burglars...

These stories are over 100 years old and still as funny as anything we'd see today on TV!

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't sure if you had already heard about this, but thought it might be something you'd enjoy. I don't have all my sources in front of me so forgive my inexactness. Apparently there is a Mark Twain autobiography coming out in three volumes this year. I guess he had decided he didn't want it published in his own lifetime so as not to offend or upset the status quo (which is weird coming from him) so he sold it to the publishing house with the orders that they wait for 100 years to print. Anyway, it's coming out in November!

    ReplyDelete