Ammonite

Ammonite

Monday, June 14, 2010

Need A Laugh?

I spent the weekend, well, half the weekend, reading several of Mark Twain's short stories. And let me tell you something. I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud while reading! The stories range from hilarious to ironic, and the majority of them would be considered "tall tales" on the grounds that they often recount events which could never occur, like having conversations with skeletons, or cats that are experts in placer mining.
But I thought I'd pass along a couple of the stories that I believe would truly improve your day, if not your whole literary life. So if by chance you have a few moments to spare (perhaps over a cup of coffee and a scone?) give these a read!

A Day at Niagra

Political Economy

(Note: In Political Economy the funniest part is toward the end, so don't give up half way through!)

No comments:

Post a Comment