Ammonite

Ammonite

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Race

I was thinking about my previous post, and for the same reason that I was criticizing racism in my last entry (the extreme sensitivity of others) I feel the need to state clearly my feelings/ thoughts on race.
I do not, nor have I ever thought there was anything other than superficial differences between people of varying skin tone. I was not raised to believe that, and in my adult life, and as a scientist I know that to be the truth. To a tenth of a percent all humans on the planet are identical. We are simply not different.
In culture and religion is where the majority of our diversity lies, and in that context my views are not as clear and absolute. But in terms of potential and ability, both mental and physical I see no difference between anyone who falls under the umbrella of Homo sapien.
The belief in racism is completely unfounded in our society. The supposed difference are scientifically proved to be untrue. This is not only my opinion, but the actual physical truth on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment