Ammonite

Ammonite

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Colosseum at Green Bay

I am officially going to make my first pilgrimage to Lambeau Field next month! The plane tickets and hotel are already booked. But I just received word today that my Uncle Bob actually got us tickets to the pre-season game against the Colts! (The Colts are, by the way, my second favorite team, but a far away second. I think it's because I think Peyton Manning is so hilarious, but I'm not sure. And no, I am not upset that the Saints won the Super Bowl last year. They deserved it. Although I am still not sure why Sharper ever left the Pack....anyway.)
Being honest I think I would be less excited to see the "actual" Colosseum in Rome. I mean, this is legendary for a Packers fan. This is the Mecca of football! If I weren't an athiest I'd be bowing three times a day to the north east.
Anyway, what a freakin' awesome start to the season right? So I am trying to be calm but the anticipation is eating me up already. I love it! It's like the smell of a tender steak cooking on the barbecue. Ahhhhh....Green Bay, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Is Uncle Bob and Elizabeth going with you to the game? That is so cool. How long are you staying in GB? Just for a night or two or is it a real vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going for 4 days and hope to make a couple of Packers open practices, and hit up the Packers Hall of Fame, and of course go shopping!

    ReplyDelete