Ammonite

Ammonite

Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Ghost Story


I have a keen interest in ghosts. I don't believe in them, but I am really intrigued by the idea of them, the stories surrounding them, and reason for their popularity within our society.

Anyway, I just came across an article that claims a small Mexican restaurant in Santa Monica has the ghost of Jim Morrison (of The Doors) haunting it's unisex restroom. Wow. That sucks for him doesn't it? I find it depressing to ponder spending my life after death trapped in the bathroom of a Mexican restaurant. I may never eat refried beans again. Also who wants to imagine Jim Morrison watching them while the pee?Now if anyone goes to that restaurant and uses the restroom they will be considered a freak. For example:

Man 1: Bro, I have to go to the bathroom.
Man 2: Jim Morrison is haunting the bathroom here man. Lets go to Starbucks instead?
Man 1: No. I'm fine.
Man 2: (Scrunches up nose in disgust) You are sick you know that?
Man 1: What?
Man 2: That's gross dude...it's really gross.

The owner of the restaurant was asked what she thought about sharing her place with the late Morrison and she said intelligently "I think if he was still alive today in body, this would be the place that would serve Jim Morrison's favorite margaritas." WOW...freaking profound, and probably exactly what Jim has been trying to communicate to us all by shaking the door handle and turning the lights on and off. Well let me say Mr. Morrison, I hear you!

P.S. Photo borrowed from original article.

No comments:

Post a Comment